Facebook Mentions is a new App that anyone can download but only verified people can use. The user has to be a verified Facebook- recognized celebrity to be able to access the App. The Mentions app is far simpler than Facebook's usual app, and shows social activity such as messages and shares relating to the celebrity.
Facebook calls it an authentic way for celebrities to connect with their fans and followers on the go without the need to reply to messages, take part in live chats and post updates or see newsfeeds, quizzes and ads.
What is a Verified Page or Profile?
Facebook verifies some pages or profiles to confirm the authenticity of that page or profile to its Facebook users. A page or profile with a blue badge means that it is the authentic page or profile of that particular public figure, media or brand while a Page with a grey badge indicates the authenticity of the page of a business or organisation.
How can you verify your Page or Profile?
1. Click Settings at the top of your Facebook Page.
2. From General, click Page Verification.
3. Click Verify this Page, and then click Get Started.
4. Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language.
5. Click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code.
How to get the Facebook Mentions App?
1. Facebook Mentions App is only made available to public figures with a verified Facebook Page or profile.
2. Admins of verified pages can request access to Facebook Mentions at facebook.com/mentions
3. To access Facebook Mentions from a verified profile:
a. Download the Mentions App from the iTunes App store or the Google Play store.
b. Select your name and enter your profile password from the Mentions login screen.
4. Admins of other types of pages can use the Pages Manager App.
What is the Pages Manager App?
The Pages Manager App allows you to manage up to 50 pages from your smartphones or tablets. It lets you check your Page activity, share with your audience and view the insights. The App is available in both iTunes App Store and Google Play Store.
How to verify your Facebook Page at Facebook Mentions?
'Nearly 800 million people are connected to public figures on Facebook, and interacting with athletes, musicians, actors and other influencers is an important part of their experience,' Facebook said.