What is WhatApp Web?
WhatsApp Web is a computer based extension of the WhatsApp account on your phone. It is not another WhatsApp account but simply the same account you are accessing from both the devices. The messages you send and receive are fully synced between your phone and computer and you can see all messages on both devices.
Any action on the phone will apply to WhatsApp Web and vice versa. It is available for Android, iPhone 8.1+, Windows Phone 8.0 and 8.1, Nokia S60, Nokia S40 EVO, BlackBerry and BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
Minimum requirements to access WhatApp web
1. The user needs to have an active WhatsApp account on their phone.
2. The user needs to have a stable internet connection on both phone and computer devices.
3. The user needs to use the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari or Edge web browsers on the computer.
Steps to use WhatsApp Web
1. Visit web.whatsapp.com on your computer.
2. Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- On Android: in the Chats screen > Menu > WhatsApp Web
- On Nokia S60 and Windows Phone: go to Menu > WhatsApp web
- On BlackBerry: go to Chats > Menu > WhatsApp web
- On BlackBerry 10: Swipe down from top of the screen > WhatsApp Web
- On Nokia S40: Swipe up from bottom of screen > WhatsApp Web
3. Scan the QR code on the chrome page from your phone by placing your mobile camera before the QR code on the computer screen.
WhatsApp Web allows you to turn on desktop notifications on the browser and get alerts for new messages even when the browser is minimised. It also offers a ‘Log Out’ feature to the users. However, only one web session is allowed at a time; meaning once logged out, you will have to follow all the above steps to log in again.